Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lauren Fenwick Blogs! (arts & entertainment, lifestyle & culture)

REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Laura Fenwick Blogs

WEB ADDRESS: http://laurenfenwick.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Lauren Fenwick shares her humorous personal life experiences as well as her struggle to complete a novel.

MY REVIEW: At the moment Lauren is struggling with sleep apnea, so we get more of that than anything else, but being someone who has a brother who suffers from it but won't do anything about it, I sympathize!

As for the rest, Lauren writes well, and is amusing, and I think any grandmother will little grandkids will enjoy this blog, as will aspiring authors. Check it out.

Sample post:
Generational Humor Gap

I sat in a waiting room today with several Moms who were either holding babies or chasing toddlers. I listened to their conversations regarding their kids, their ages, where they are in development etc. I was a bit bored and decided I wanted in on the conversation so I announced, “My baby is nearly 40. She’s potty trained and she isn’t teething or spitting up anymore.” One mother laughed. The receptionist laughed. They must have been middle age. The other women, probably in their twenties, looked at me like I was some kind of a nut. But wait! I knew the true emotion behind their raised eye brows and stunned expressions. They were in total disbelief that I was old enough to have a forty year old child! Snicker.

Since I’m not one to seek the skills of a plastic surgeon, I will simply continue to age gracefully with a smile on my face, a song in my heart, a chuckle under my breath and my old fashioned sense of humor in tact. And when someone refers to me as a senior citizen, as they did the other day, I will ask for discounts! Tada!

Did I just hear someone say senior center?

RECENT POSTS:
Come Laugh With Me!
3:32 pm, June 11, 2009
Generational Humor Gap
3:56 pm, July 20, 2010
Pillars of the Earth
4:31 pm, July 19, 2010
Rescue Of The Day!
11:52 am, July 17, 2010
Confetti In The Desert!
2:38 pm, July 15, 2010
Nature
1:40 pm, July 14, 2010
And Then There Was Camilla
12:08 am, July 13, 2010
My Amazon Face
3:33 pm, July 11, 2010
Are There Pixels In The Air?
1:46 pm, July 7, 2010
Current Read
9:00 am, June 26, 2010
Sleep Study 102
5:18 pm, June 24, 2010
_______________________

Ms. Cairo writes several blogs including:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Topical Murder and Dated Death

No comments:

Post a Comment