Thursday, July 8, 2010

Overheard in New York (humor)


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Overheard in New York

WEB ADDRESS: http://overheardinnewyork.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Whether it's on the 6 Train, in Soho, or Manhattan, New York is talking and we want to listen in on the conversation. These reader-submitted quotes are sometimes funny, sometimes provocative, sometimes sad, but always entertaining.

MY REVIEW: At 99 cents, this blog is worth subscribing to. It's pretty fun. People send in quotes of things they've heard - presumably in New York. Of course, since it's all viewer-based, you don't really know if these are really things people have said, or if someone's made it up and sent it in. Still, some of them are funny. Some are interesting.

A sample:
Lemonade Stand Job Interviews Can Be Grueling
Little girl: Do you like girls?
Little boy: No.
Little girl: Do you like boys?
Little boy: No.
Little girl: Do you like me?
Little boy: No.
Little girl: Do you like cats?
Little boy: No.
Little girl: Do you like girls?

and
Um, Because I Have All Your Medication?
Middle-aged daughter: You have my permission to not talk to me for the rest of the day.
Ninety-year-old mother: Why the hell would I want to talk to you anyway?

--R Train

Overheard by: New York State of Mind

and
Tragically Hip Wednesday One-Liners
Hipster girl to friend: I told her it was the wrong kind of plaid. Not all flannels are equal.

--Bowery & Bleecker

Overheard by: but lumberjacks are supposed to be burly men!

Hipster to another: And I was like "Do you want some nail polish for that camel toe?"

--2nd Ave

Overheard by: Shan

Hipster guy singing to self in country twang: Whennnn am I gonna get me sommmme Ugg boooooots?

--4th Ave & 13th St

Hipster guy in eyeliner and mascara: I was being facetious... I would not wear leggings.

--Jamba Juice, 13th St & University

Overheard by: helenathegreat

Hipster girl screaming on cell: I want you to want me to want to touch you!

--Columbus Circle

RECENT POSTS:
--...Menswear
--...I Was Flashing Him the Whole Time!
--...Fucking Nerd
--...Doing This Job Is Enough to Make Anyone Hate Comedy.
--...The Good News Is That I Win Every Race I Enter.


_______________________
Ms. Cairo writes several blogs including:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Topical Murder and Dated Death

No comments:

Post a Comment