REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo
MY RECOMMENDATION: YES
AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION PAGE: In Cold Blog
WEB ADDRESS: incoldblogger.blogspot.com
BLOG DESCRIPTION: A true crime blog authored by the leading voices in the genre.
OUR REVIEW: In Cold Blog is a fascinating and invaluable blog for those people interested in true crime. Crime – and law enforcement, is covered in all its facets here. There’s a long essay on the art of writing a traffic ticket, for example. According to the author, small towns who write traffic tickets don’t actually make much money on the deal, as people who get stopped tend to believe, and a stop is always problematical for the police officer, who never knows what kind of driver he’s going to get.
Then there’s an article on a website that promotes guys having sex with unconscious women (I can see CSI doing a show on that), and another one on the hazards of Sexting – where teenage girls send nude photos of themselves to their boyfriends, who then turn around and distribute them to everyone else, resulting in humiliation for the girl – well stupid is as stupid does, there…
Highly recommended for the true crime aficionado, and those interested in the intricacies of law enforcement.
- More than just a ticket, by Joe McKinney
- The Devil’s Walk, an excerpt from “Mr. New Orleans” by Matthew Randazzo V , by Michelle McKee.
- Death be not swift: Oldest condemned killer dies, but, by Ron Frascelli
- Epiphanic Goth: Preview of Shutter Island, by Michelle McKee
- When Fantasies Can Be Criminal (post not dafe for work), by Star Labranche