Monday, September 20, 2010

Retro Review: My Life a Bit South of Normal


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo


MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION PAGE: My Life a Bit SOuth of Normal

WEB ADDRESS: www.abitsouthofnormal.com

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Every once in awhile I stop and ask myself, "I don't think everyone lives this way." In fact, "I don't think anyone else lives this way." I have an ordinary existence with an insane extraordinary cast of characters. When I think about it, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Yes, folks it's all true, and it could only happen in the south.

MY REVIEW: The author of the blog, who updates it every couple of days, is a 50-year old southerner who lives in the Deep South. I believe this means, South Carolina. (I’m from Minnesota, for all that I currently live in Virginia.) Most regions of the US (or indeed, of any country) have different traditions, menus and so on, as does every generation. (I’ve read about collards in books, for example, but I’ve never felt the need to dine on them. Sufficient to know that in the Deep South they are still a traditional dish!)

If you’re interested in people, you’ll enjoy these entertaining and amusing, and culturally-instructive anecdotes.

RECENT ARTICLES:

No comments:

Post a Comment