Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Living Life From A Bed (self help, lifestyle)


REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Living Life From A Bed, by Anon

WEB ADDRESS: http://livinglifefromabed.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: I am a woman who has been stuck in one room and a bed since 1996 due to severe chronic illnesses: Autonomic Dysfunction/Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type 3. Coeliac Disease. Raynauds. Sjogren’s Syndrome. Plus various other things!

Despite suffering severely I have managed to achieve a great deal and yes, you can live life from a bed!

This is my ramblings on everything in my life from illness to love and success all from my bed and no it's not all doom and gloom!

Posts are made at least once a week illness permitting, I try to do two or three a week wherever possible

MY REVIEW: I have a nephew whose been a great disappointment to me. At age 13 he has no goals, no ambitions, except to spend as much time as possible playing violent video games on his PS2. It's disappointing, and annoying, as it is every time I see young people slouching down the street - with all the health in the world, the intelligence to be capable of learning anything if they'd just put their minds to it, and instead of making goals and accomplishing something they take drugs or get drunk every night and whine about how hard their lives are. Just makes me want to kick them.

Contrast that to the author of this blog, who has been bedridden for over ten years due to various chronic illnesses, who could so easily give up on life and spend all her time watching TV, and instead has goals that she is going to achieve, come hell or high water.

Quite inspirational.

Check it out.

Sample post:
Busy, busy, busy!
Posted on February 16, 2011 by Livinglifefromabed
Following on from my last past, yes I did manage a quick bath and I didn’t suffer after either, hooray! Just in case anyone has been waiting anxiously for 3 days to find out lol

Yesterday was a really busy day for me. I had my Occupational therapy assessment, some suggestions were recommended to help me out in day to day life but it was mostly to assess my accommodation needs for a housing register claim. Finger’s crossed I end up on the priority list for a more permanent home. The assessment took an hour and a half and she had only just gone when the opticians turned up. His assistant had before they arrived ticked the box on a form to say I was over 60, not quite there yet dear, come back in just under 30yrs! lol I’ll let them off though, seeing as all their other patients they visited yesterday were in their 80′s and 90′s! My prescription has got a bit stronger and I ordered some new glasses online as soon as they went. So much cheaper. When I mentioned I buy them online the opticians assistant said, ‘how do you know they’re cheaper than ours?’ Er… well, at £25 (approx $35) a pair for rimless, anti-reflection and thin lenses I can guarantee they are cheaper than yours when you quoted me £120 for one pair and that was 7yrs ago! lol It does make me feel a tiny bit guilty, I wouldn’t want to see high-street opticians being shut down left right and centre but for those on low incomes, I can’t justify paying that much just for one pair. I need a spare pair as well! I could eat for weeks on that amount of money.

Anyway, I was expecting to suffer badly today after the mental effort of yesterday and the hustle and bustle of everything going on but as always with these illnesses you never can tell and… I feel fine! Well, apart from a headache because my neck muscles are cramped up (that’s been going on for days) and my usual low energy, tiredness stuff, I don’t feel any worse for it at the moment! Who knows, I may even manage a few minutes of exercise with my kinect later. I also really need to do some studying!

RECENT POSTS:
--Oops I did it again…
--Funky new glasses!
--Someone heard my plea!
--Please noooooo!
--Busy, busy, busy!

_______________
Reviews published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
_______________________
Check out the following blogs:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment