Saturday, October 9, 2010

Retro Review: Glamorous Life Association


REVIEWED BY: Ann Currie

MY RECOMMENDATION: Yes

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Glamorous Life Association

WEB ADDRESS: http://marcywrites.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: A humorous look at a not-so-glamorous life of a stay-at-home-mom and wife. Trust me, motherhood is nothing like the brochure. Come on by, just step over the legos and laundry on your way in....

MY REVIEW: An excellent irreverent blog that takes no prisoners. It is well written with witty graphics and photos. This mother has the same take on life I do, "You’ve got to be kidding me?"

She uses this wonderful technique that I can only best describe as alter ego writing. An example is, “Remember my very rude effective front door sign?” Brilliant! She often says she didn’t get the memo, but it doesn’t bother her, because I’m not sure she would have read it or followed it had she gotten it.

Like most us, this is not what we signed up for, but we are going to make the best of it and get even with those who changed the rules – when we find them. In the mean time, we might as well laugh as our way through it, crying will get us no where, besides who has time? Maybe this is just a nightmare dream and when we wake up, prince charming will be there with the household staff. After all, my favorite line from the Sound of Music was when asked what the Countess had planned for the children, her reply, “Darling, haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?”

This is a great entertaining, well written blog that I highly recommend.

RECENT ARTICLES:
--Looking for me?
--Moving day . . . come on over
--Saturday, what a day!
--We’re off to the circus

________________________
Ann Currie publishes publishes:
My Life a Bit South of Normal:
www.abitsouthofnormal.com/
and also,
Silver Pieces: The Strange and Peculiarstrangeandpeculiarsilver.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment