Friday, March 23, 2012

Pampering Camper (camping, photography, travel)


REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Pampering Campers, by Jo Leach

WEB ADDRESS: www.pamperingcampers.com

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Travel, Camping and Work Camping Experiences. Many outdoor pictures of campgrounds and animals that we share the outdoors with. Find links to useful camping, workamping and outdoor recreation services on our website: www.pamperingcampers.com

MY REVIEW: The website to which this blog is attached is an excellent one for campers. The blog is also a lot of fun as the author shares her travel tales, and lots of cool photos of beautiful scenery. Of course the color photos will lose something on the b&w kindle, but then b&W photography has a beauty all its own, too!

Check it out.

Sample post (with the several photos omitted)
Perspective on Showers
I woke up and didn’t hear rain on the roof of our 5th wheel. Yay! Still sore from yesterday’s clearing trees, I couldn’t stand the thought of doing my resistance exercises. A walk on the beach sounded a lot nicer. It’s no wonder that people use weather as a metaphor for the trials of life. After the storm subsides, it’s such a relief to feel the winds calm, the clouds part, and the sun’s warmth.

As I walked back into the campground I saw a camper. I stopped to talk to him for a minute. We talked about where they’ve been travelling (Arizona) and where they live (Oregon), the weather and how nice of a morning it is. I told him I heard the weather is supposed to be this nice through the weekend. He said, “Really? I saw the forecast was “showers” for the next few days.” I reminded him that he is back in Oregon and that “showers” means you’ll see the sun at least part of the day. I think we saw the same forecast but had different perspectives on what “showers” meant. :-)

I guess I’m a “glass-half-full” kind-of-a-gal.

Between sunrise and sunset we cut down trees in Baker Beach and Rock Creek Campgrounds. We started some work in Cape Perpetua but we pooped out after one tree. We headed home (Tillicum Campground). We got back just in time to check the restrooms, check the iron ranger, make pancakes, bacon, eggs and sausage for dinner then go for another walk on the beach at sunset and low tide.

Oh yeah and, I REALLY need a shower!


RECENT POSTS:
--Perspective on Showers
--Widow Makers in Campgrounds
--Canal Creek Rd – Closed for now
--Oregon is Orange
--Spring on the Alsea River

_______________
Reviews published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
___________________________
Check out my kindle BOOKS!:Whose Body, by Dorothy Sayers (the Annotated Edition)
The Coldest Equations (science fiction)
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
The Lady and the Tiger...Moth

2 comments:

  1. I just travel all the time. And I was just looking at the schedules now and starting the first week of October I will be every weekend with somebody at tournaments through Christmas. So it gets very difficult to just go away and not do that. Cheap Flights to Khartoum

    ReplyDelete
  2. He who has seen one cathedral ten times has seen something; he who has seen ten cathedrals once has seen but little; and he who has spent half an hour in each of a hundred cathedrals has seen nothing at all.
    Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek

    ReplyDelete