Sunday, September 18, 2011
Stories of My Wandering Feet & Mind (travel)
REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle
MY RECOMMENDATION: YES
AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: N/A
WEB ADDRESS: http://yobynos.wordpress.com/
BLOG DESCRIPTION: My name is Sonyboy Fugaban – a proud Filipino, an accidental stenographer, a student, an adventurer/backpacker, a health buff, an educator, a parent, a blabbermouth, and a struggling servant of Mother Nature.
I appreciate and respect the Aura up in the sky, bodies of water, mountains, stars, and the creatures of kingdom animalia and plantae.
I gave rise to this blog to share the stories of my wandering FEET & mind and photos by point(ing)-&-shoot(ing) that gives air to the the many “hats” I wear and to promote the pulchritude of the Philippines, with whoever stumbles upon it.
When I set foot in the academe (as an instructor in college), I’ve noticed how important communication skill is that I needed to optimize it. Thanks to WordPress for giving me the excellent place to do that. I didn’t have formal lessons in writing so I am only trying to learn it by simply putting down my stories under the sun, from travels primarily to other stuff, that may also come in the form of notes, recollections, insights, or commentaries. I believe that doing so will help me develop better writing habits, improve my health, embrace my idiolect more and, of course, to become an effective communicator. The more my feet and mind wanders, the more I write; the more I learn to articulate the universal language.
After more than a year of blogging (since January 2010), the encouraging words from few readers gave me that extra challenge to do better. Moreover, now that one of my blog posts was featured on Freshly Pressed last 02 September 2011 to 05 September 2011.
Let me impart my favorite travel quotes:
1. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
2. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
3. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road. ” – William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways
4. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
5. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.” – Mark Jenkins
MY REVIEW: I just discovered this blog and I love it. Although I traveled a bit when I was younger, my traveling days are over and its all Armchair Adventuring for me from now on.
This blog satisfies the wanderlust.
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Faces
--I Touched The Sun — Literally!
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Textured
--Sinarapan, The World’s Smallest Commercial Extant Fish For My Favorite Breakfast
--Early Birthday Gift: Getting Featured on Freshly Pressed
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Path
--The Wandering Feet and Mind On Post A Day/Week Question
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Up
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Flowers
--Neglected Simple Rules for Riding the Metro Rail Transit (MRT)
--Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance
--Eyeballing Mr. Sunset at Bangued, Abra
--The Pristine Water Around Capones Island
Check out my kindle BOOKS!:
Whose Body, by Dorothy Sayers (the Annotated Edition)
The Coldest Equations (science fiction)
The Lady and the Tiger...Moth
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you so much, Marg, for giving my blog a space here! I am flattered ...ReplyDelete
More power to The Kindle Blog Report.
I have just included the badge on my widgets and I owe that from you. Again, thank you!ReplyDelete