Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Retro Review: Piece of My Heart


REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle

MY RECOMMENDATION: Kinda Sorta

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Peace of my Heart, by Kim Eckels

WEB ADDRESS: http://peaceofmyheart-kristen.blogspot.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: One mom's journey from burying a piece of her heart with her infant daughter to finding the true peace of her heart with her Savior.

MY REVIEW: This blog hasn't been updated since March 8, 2011. However, the author has never updated this blog very much - averaging 35 posts a year. So she may continue on with it.

The blog deals with grief and the loss of a child, from a Christian perspective. If you're a Christian, it's worth checking out, either on the web or subscribing for the 2 week free subscription to read it before unsubscribing!

Sample post
A delicate balance Posted by Kim @ Peace of my Heart on Tuesday, March 08, 2011 |

There is just so much sorrow in the missing. It's the missing that makes my heart ache. I miss her tiny voice, her wiggles, her legs that always seemed to be in motion, her sweet smile (with an occasional hint of an ornery grin). I miss her fuzzy little head, that beautiful baby scent, the feel of her snuggled into my arms. I miss her eyes, those amazing eyes. I just miss her. The sad irony is that I not only miss all of these things that were wrapped up into three months, I miss the things I didn't get to experience with Kristen. Perhaps even more than I miss what I had, I ache for what will never be.

As much sadness as there is in the missing, however, there is even more hope in the knowing! What sustains me is the knowing that none of what happened to our family is a surprise to God. He is God and I'm not. He knows what He's doing! I take comfort in the knowing that Kristen left our arms for the eternal safety of His. She's perfect and in His presence! There is hope in the knowing that our heavenly Father will make all of this right one glorious day!

In the here and now, the missing tends to get in the way of remembering the knowing. The waves that wash over me sometimes crash so loudly against the shore that I can barely hear His voice. I know, however, that it's there. He's there. The knowing is never gone. I suppose the missing and the knowing, like the sorrow and the joy, will always be part of a delicate balancing act. For the times when I lose that balance, I am so thankful for the Almighty who is always there to catch me.

RECENT POSTS:
--A delicate balance
--God met me in Tennessee
--Dying to self
--Tightly in His grasp
--Through another's eyes

_______________
Reviews published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
_______________________
Check out the following blogs:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
Rush Limbaugh Report

No comments:

Post a Comment