Monday, April 16, 2012

Mommy and Love


REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: N/A

WEB ADDRESS: http://mommyandlove.blogspot.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: My name is Monica. I recently graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in International Studies and minor in Religious Studies. I am married to the most wonderful guy I know and we have a baby girl named Amelia June who was born July 10, 2011. I was inspired to start this blog due to my ability to talk non-stop about having a baby. I am so excited! Since I am younger many of my friends are not even thinking about having children, let alone being close to marriage so I can't ramble on and on expecting them to feel the same excitement. Hence, a new blog has been birthed!

I have another blog, Fricken' Fashionable where I give fashion tips and information for teen and young adult women. I have a small section on Maternity Fashion in case you're interested in cheap, easy ways to maintain your fashion style throughout pregnancy.

Please feel free to leave comments and/or personal experiences beneath individual posts. I respond quickly to those comments. :) If you don't want to leave a comment, I can also be reached by email. To remain updated with current posts please follow my blog and/or follow me on Twitter. ThAnKs!

My Interests
* Traveling, Foreign Languages, Culture, Religion, Philosophy
* Beach Volleyball, Swimming, Working Out [Health & Fitness]
* Hiking, Backpacking, Biking
* Gardening, Animals, Beautiful Sceneries
* Fashion, Style, Sewing, Beauty
* Reading, Writing, Blogging
* Music, Piano, Singing, Guitar
* Arts & Crafts, Decorating, DIY Projects
* Games, Being w/Family & Friends, Parties
* Cooking, Baking, Attempting New Recipes
* And many, many more!

MY REVIEW:
This is a fun blog written by a new mommy, one with a wide variety of interests. Her posts aren't the run-of-the-mill mommy posts either, as evidenced below.

So check it out.

Sample post

What Do Baby Kicks Feel Like?
Before I could feel my baby move in my belly, I was always curious to know what women meant when they asked, "Do you feel flutters?" or "Do you feel the butterflies yet?" I didn't have a clue and I was dying to find out fast. I wanted to be included in this special moment that so many pregnant women were experiencing. The only thing I felt at 16 weeks pregnant was pressure in my lower abdomen, which many times turned out to be excess gas. Once or twice a week, I began feeling "something" in my belly. This "something" I knew to be the baby but I also thought my mind was playing tricks on me.
For any ladies in the same situation as I was, Have No Fear! You will feel tremendous amounts of movement sooner than you expect. I am currently in my first pregnancy and it took a good 20 weeks before I really began feeling my baby. Just try your best to be patient [very difficult I know!] and give your baby some time to grow! I am 30 weeks pregnant now and I will try to give you a better explanation of what these baby movements feel like.

Baby Movements are like...
* The feeling you get going down a roller coaster but much shorter.
* Someone is kicking you or giving you an elbow shove from the inside. [High chance this is actually happening!]
* Someone is smoothing out the inside of your belly with a door knob or end of a rolling pin.
* A baseball being pushed against & rolled around on the inside of your belly.
* A bunch of rustle & bustle deep down without touching the surface of your belly.
* Someone is flicking you on the inside.
* Something is trying to push itself outside of you. [When the movement gets further up near my ribs, I especially feel this way!]

Everyone begins feeling fetal movements at different times during their pregnancy. These feelings vary from person to person, so if you are already experiencing fetal movements and our feelings don't compare, don't worry. I'd be interested in hearing other comparisons for what these movements feel like. I have never felt "flutters" but I honestly think the movements compare to having butterflies in your stomach. Regardless, feeling my baby move is by far my favorite thing about being pregnant!

RECENT POSTS:
# 10 Things I Love About Being a Mommy
# Are You Spoiling Your Kids ROTTEN?
# Do Babies Dream in the Womb?
# 10 Things I Hate About Pregnancy
# 10 Things I Love About Pregnancy
# Milky Oatmeal Bath to Help Eczema
# What Do Baby Kicks Feel Like?
# Anyone Thinking About Getting Pregnant? [Here's my experiences so far.]
_______________
Reviews published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
___________________________
Check out my kindle BOOKS!:
Whose Body, by Dorothy Sayers (the Annotated Edition)
The Coldest Equations (science fiction)
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
The Lady and the Tiger...Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment