Sunday, February 28, 2010

From the Inside...Out (humor)


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES, with reservations

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION PAGE: From The Inside... Out, published by Kathryn

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.theinternalmakeover.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: So life happens. I'll report. You'll hopefully laugh.(With me and not AT me.) Cocktails are optional, but highly recommended. I'll do my best to make you smile. If I fail, just pour yourself another. It's a win/win.

MY REVIEW: The author, Kathryn, is a mother to two teenage sons, and a widower. She writes well, but on such trivial, random things, that I have no interest in.

However, I've visited the actual webpage of the blog, and it is very popular. Every post gets a half-dozen comments, all commenting on how funny her posts are.

Since if you subscribe to a blog via the Kindle you get two weeks free, check it out for yourself and see if you like it.

Here's a few sample paragraphs:
It’s snowing again.

Never…in the history of winters….has it been so crappily snowy, icy and downright treacherous.

And never…in the history of meteorologists….have they been so freakin’ wrong.

They’re like 0 for 5…or batting a .240 average….or, whatever translates to really bad. I’d fire ‘em all in a New York minute.

Last night, they’d predicted a dusting to fall overnight….two inches, tops. We awoke to a light and delicate snow this morning and I remember thinking, “Normal Rockwell painting” when I looked out the window.

Yes, I know. Hell must’ve frozen over…or pigs must be flying ("Hey, Jen!!") ‘cause you just heard me say something nice about the snow. Don’t get used to it. I only said it ‘cause it was supposed to be stopping…and the roads were virtually un-snowed-upon. I figured we were golden.

I was wrong.

The school buses arrived….da boys grumblingly boarded said buses and I sat down to write.

When it’s sans sun outside, I often do not bother to open the drapes in my master bedroom-slash-office, for it does a better job of keeping the warm air in and the cold air out.


RECENT ARTICLES:
-Silver Lining
-Freezerdoodle
-Happy Pill
-Signs
-Lost in Translation
-Poop on the Stoop
-Let it Snow. Let it Stop. Let it Go!
-Very Superstitious

No comments:

Post a Comment