Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baseball Musings


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: NO

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION PAGE: Baseball Musings

WEB ADDRESS: www.baseballmusings.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: A blog about major league baseball. Publisher: Baseball Musings

MY REVIEW: I was expecting good things from Baseball Musings. It's a popular seller on the Kindle. The author, David Pinto, has this to say about himself:

In college, I discovered both Strat-O-Matic and Bill James, both helped me think anew about the game. Through the Abstracts, I started scoring games for Project Scoresheet and STATS, Inc. The latter led me to joining STATS in 1990 as their liason to ESPN, where I served for 10 years as the chief researcher for Baseball Tonight.

In 2001, I hosted Baseball Tonight Online for ESPN. When that was not renewed, I joined the blogging revolution and started Baseball Musings. I now blog full time and love every minute of it.

Considering how knowledgeable Mr. Pinto would seem to be, his posts aren't very informational. He's going through baseball players alphabetically, but each entry is only a paragraph long. That's ridiculous. And he's spending time now reporting on the curling in the Olympics (but none of the other events!) and again, it's just a paragraph or so, hardly in-depth coverage.

I've been reviewing, and will be reviewing, blogs of individuals teams. They are the way to go, if you're a fan of only a few specific teams. If you're a fan of baseball in general...well, I can't really recommend Baseball Musings!

RECENT ARTICLES:

  • US-Sweden, Women's Curling
  • Players A to Z, Jake Fox
  • Debbi McCormick Demoted
  • US-Great Britain, Men's Curling
  • Players A to Z, Dexter Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment