Saturday, April 24, 2010

Women's Fiction Blog (Arts & Entertainment)


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: NO!

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Women's Fiction Blog

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.womens-fiction.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: An essayland -- myths, old wives tales, lies we have been told about success and weight control, marriage and mountain living... among other topics. Then there are the dense observations of myself or others.

This is an essay on life as a woman. Written for women who appreciate the rather trying factors of living, however tongue-in-cheek we may endeavor.

MY REVIEW: This is a popular blog - ranked #50,000 or so at Amazon for all that it still costs $1.99 to subscribe to it.

I have to admit I'm puzzled by that, as when I look at the blog entries on my Kindle, they are missing half or more of each post! Perhaps it's because I'm running a step down on the Kindle operating software (yes, I know I must bite the bullet and upgrade, but it annoys me that I haven't received this upgrade automatically from Kindle yet, as is supposed to happen!)

So if you subscribe to this blog, be sure to check the Kindle feed against the actual blog entries to see what you're missing - it could be a lot!

I'd like to attach a sample post here, but the author has her blog set up so that it's impossible to copy anything from it, not photos (here's a tip, 'Print Screen', paste into Paint program, easy peasy!), not text. Now I can understand some websites doing this....but a blog of this kind? I'm sorry, I don't think anyone will be ripping off you're ouvre.

I'm tempted to give this a harsh review, just for that reason! So, for sample posts, you'll have to go to the website, or subscribe and check it out.

RECENT POSTS:
--Aliens running around
--How to tame your dragon - too intense for young children
--Steelworker abducted, sold as Japanese sex toy
--Poison ivy is stored in fat cells
--Divorce fiction for women readers

___________________
Ms. Cairo writes two blogs of her own:
Winged Victory: Women in Aviation
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters

No comments:

Post a Comment