Monday, April 19, 2010

Letter from Hard Scrabble Creek (Lifestyles & Culture)


REVIEWED BY: Ann Currie

MY RECOMMENDATION: Yes

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Letter from Hard Scrabble Creek

WEB ADDRESS: http://blog.chasclifton.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Comment on contemporary Paganism, American religion, and related topics by Chas S. Clifton, author of Her Hidden Children: The Rise of Witchcraft and Paganism in America and editor of The Pomegranate: The International Journal of Pagan Studies.

MY REVIEW: It took me a while to wrap my head around this one - and I'm not sure I ever did. Then I realized that's not the point. Don't wrap - flow. The blog is a stream of thought - daily thought, what comes to the blogger's mind. But, then I realized I wasn't reading the core posts. I was reading the incidental pieces about social media and the lost profession of journalism. The blog is about religion - pagan, wicca, new religion, old religion. Read on and you will learn more.

Like spiritual readers, the more you look, the more you see. Topics here are beyond my knowledge, so I'm clearly out on a limb and I am going to try and not show my ignorance. She writes about historical events, history of religion, secular history, modern day events, and human nature and the inter-play of it all. There is a lot to learn here. I fear devout Christians will have a difficult time with this site. There is no reason to fear it, because no one should fear knowledge. The posts are never threatening or on the verge of causing a riot.

I recommend this blog for the knowledge of a subject most of don't know much about. I am a very curious person and found this interesting. She posts every 2 or 3 days.

RECENT ARTICLES:
--Could a young guy be so cynical about social media
--Photographer, Journalist: Is it a Career?
--What do Philosophers believe
--KISS Kong and other letters
--Can you Sue your Shaman? Part 2

_______________________
Ann Currie publishes:
My Life a Bit South of Normal
Silver Pieces: The Strange and Peculiar

No comments:

Post a Comment