Monday, May 3, 2010

Gongfu Girl (tea, lifestyle and culture)


REVIEWED BY: Ann Currie

MY RECOMMENDATION: Yes

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Gong Fu Girl

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.gongfugirl.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Articles about tea and worldwide tea cultures and traditions, reviews of teas and tea-related products, assorted other tea-related topics.

MY REVIEW: I am not a "tea" person, so to speak, but I found this blog enticing and making me yearn for four o'clock and crumpets! Seriously, there is a lot to learn about tea (down here in the south, we like it cold, clear and sweet - and a lot of it.)

However, Gong Fu Girl may even bring sophistication to this palate, or least some education. Even I knew there are different types of teas, but if I read enough of this blog I would actually learn the names of many of them, their characteristics, qualities, and tastes. But, it goes farther than that. The different contributors share their knowledge of tea paraphernalia, traditions, tea ware, and even tea in literature (in this case, Lewis Carroll).

The posts are interesting, well written. The tasting reviews and descriptions of the different teas clearly describe to me a flavor in my mind. The posts are long and in-depth, but sporadic in postings. They could stand to post most regularly. However, I do recommend this blog. It is a good read on a Kindle. The format and pictures translate well on the Kindle format.

RECENT POSTS:
--Top ten teas to expand your tea palate
--From the sublime to the ridiculous
--Urban decay
--Planting the trees
--Brewing tea with other people's tea ware

________________
Ann Currie writes two blogs of her own:
My Life a Bit South of Normal
Silver Pieces: The Strange and Peculiar

No comments:

Post a Comment