Sunday, August 1, 2010

American Expat in London (Lifestyle and culture)


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES, with reservations

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: American Expat in London, by kristina smith

WEB ADDRESS: http://anexpatinlondon.blogspot.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: What's it like to be a single, 30-something American female living and working in London? Heck if I know-but I'm going to find out! Join me as I blog about what it's like to live, work, play, date (yikes!), and generally try to get by in London.

MY REVIEW: I kind of enjoyed this blog, and I kind of didn't. It's a melancholy feeling, really. Twenty years ago, I was able to visit England - and specifically London - quite frequently, and I loved the tube and I loved Londoners. They certainly weren't as rude as the Londoners the author of this blog describes. But then, 20 years have passed and the England I knew has changed a great deal in many ways. It was turning into a nanny state then, it is very much a nanny state now, and so on...

Anyway, if you want to know what it's like to live in England, this is the blog for you.

My only reservation is that the author only seems to post once a week or so.

RECENT POSTS:
--The North and South
--Engagement Photos
--Tube Musings
--The Lighter Side of London Life

_______________________
Ms. Cairo writes several blogs including:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Topical Murder and Dated Death

No comments:

Post a Comment