Monday, June 14, 2010

Retro Review: Relently Random

A retro-review for Monday, before returning with new reviews tomorrow, Tuesday, June 14!


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: NO

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION PAGE: Relevantly Random, published by Maria Camp

WEB ADDRESS: http://relevantlyrandom.wordpress.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: This blog is a collection of random thoughts that I find relevant. A few of the topics covered so far include: limericks, snow, trains and 3D technology. My interests are varied.

MY REVIEW: The author muses on various random things, nothing really connected. And without a single major theme - like reviewing movies, talking about books, politics, religion, whatever, it's not really interesting. It may be if you actually know the author...but for total strangers...they have their own thoughts. (In other words, if this were the blog of an actor or author I admired, or perhaps even a politician I despised, covering the same types of themes, I'd be interested. But a random person that I don't know? Not so much.

However, since all people are not alike, perhaps you will like such randomness. So I'm giving this a YES, because, after all, if you don't like it, you have only to unsubscribe within the two week trial time period given by Kindle, without being charged. (Or, if you just want to check it out on the web first, go for it!

Here's a couple sample paragraphs.
I found it to be too hard to select only one general topic for my blog. I am interested in a variety of topics that I feel are relevant; however, when one topic is compared to the next, it is likely to seem a random assortment of thoughts.

Relevance is often a matter of opinion; therefore, each reader is free to make this determination.

I just turned thirty and I’m basically okay with this now; however, there is something about “that number” that tends to make a person just a little insane, at least temporarily.

It’s a time when many of us stop to consider whether we’ve accomplished all that we might have hoped by this point in our lives. It can be quite depressing; however, it can also be an opportunity to decide to really “take charge” and increase efforts to try to accomplish what we feel is important in our lives.


RECENT ARTICLES:
- An Unexpected Snow (Feb 13, 2010)
- Pernell Roberts - Adam From Bonanza (Feb 3, 2010)
- January is National Hot Tea Month (Jan 24, 2010)
- 3D, Perchance to See (Jan 18, 2010)
- On A Cold Morning (Jan 14, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment