Thursday, June 24, 2010

Magazine on Kindle Review: Women's Adventure


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: Women's Adventure, by Big Earth Publishing Inc.

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.womensadventuremagazine.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: Women's Adventure is the only sports, travel, fitness, and lifestyle magazine published specifically for active women. Published bi-monthly, Women's Adventure is for women who choose to thrive in the wild. Every edition inspires, informs and invigorates. Experience the thrill and excitement of adventure and personal challenge in today's modern world.

The Kindle Edition of Women's Adventure Magazine contains most articles found in the print edition, but will not include all images. For your convenience, issues are auto-delivered wirelessly to your Kindle at the same time the print edition hits the newsstand.

[Bolding mine].

MY REVIEW: When I first looked at my first issue, I was kind of disappointed. I couldn't see how to navigate it. There are four sections in this Summer 2007 issue, The Front (1), The Dirt (20), Women's Adventures (7), and Features (3). So I clicked on Women's Adventures and instead of seeing a title list, I was brought straight to the first article This was annoying. Then I figured out how to do it. You take you five-way controller and scooch it over to the numberal (7), click on that, and then you see the titles of the five articles.

So once I figured out that one little thing, I really enjoyed this. OF course the photos are greyscale, but they still have an impact, and the info is good.

I'm only puzzled about what I'm paying. According to the page, it's a $1.25 monthly price, for a magazine that's published quarterly. So I'll be paying, in total, $15 for 4 issues over the course of the year, or $3.75 per issue.

Not bad. But, the print version is published bi-monthly - that should be six issues. So am I going to get 4 or 6 issues? Well - I'll find out, and as soon as I know, I'll share that info here.

As an aside, this is the first time I've ordered a magazine available on Kindle. Like the blogs, you get to read the issue for 14 days, and if you cancel you owe nothing. So there's no reason why you shouldn't give various magazines a try. I'll start reviewing at least one or two of them a week from now on.

SOME ARTICLE TITLES:
--Idiosycnrasies of Arousal (getting fired up for competition)
--Ancient lessons of nature
--Get up, stand up (stand up paddling)
--The skinny on cleanses

_______________________
Ms. Cairo writes several blogs including:
Seaborn: Oceanography Blog
Star Trek Report: Space Sciences
Topical Murder and Dated Death

No comments:

Post a Comment