Friday, March 26, 2010

When I Feel Doomed (humor)


REVIEWED BY: Ms. Cairo

MY RECOMMENDATION: Maybe

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: When I Feel Doomed

WEB ADDRESS: http://www.whenifeeldoomed.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: It's kind of like stepping in a big pile of dog crap and then finding a $50.00 bill on the ground 20 minutes later. I mean sure, you have dog crap all over your shoe but hey - fifty dollars!

MY REVIEW: I find it difficult to give this blog a good review for a couple of reasons. First off, the author only makes 3 posts per month. While 3 posts a month may be fine for a technical blog, one on aviation or science, in which the posts are in-depth and contain a lot of information, it is simply not enough for a humor blog. Not if you're paying 99 cents a month to have it delivered to your Kindle, anyway.

Oh, the posts are long and involved, about an incident in the author's life or something that has tweaked his interest...but...just not my cup of tea.

Here's some paragraphs from a sample post.
A few weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from Chase luring me into opening a checking account with the promise of $100. There are a lot of things I would do for $50, and for $100 bucks I'll probably let you videotape me doing it. Opening a checking account is one of the less embarrassing things on the list.

The fine print stated I merely had to use the debit card associated with the account five times a month for three months in order for the offer to be valid. That's something I can make happen, considering I whip out my debit card for a pack of gum. I have no idea how society functioned before the creation of debit cards. How would they know how much money they needed? What if they needed to go to Wal-Mart at 3 a.m. and root around in the $5 movie bin to find an obscure 80's movie RIGHT NOW. It's incredible they survived long enough to propagate my generation.

There was a time in my life when I banked with Chase. There was also a time in my life where I dated a woman who told me she was saving herself for marriage. Neither relationship lasted. I dumped Chase bank as soon as possible and found another bank that put out on the fist date. No, that didn't sound right. What I meant to say was my relationship with Chase didn't work out because I thought the employees at that particular branch were dicks, and the relationship with the girl didn't work out because I was a dick. When it comes down to it there is only room for so much dick in one persons life. I suppose that isn't the best way to state my point, but for the sake of continuity let's move on.

I have my reasons for being less than excited about banking with Chase.

.... (continued on and on)

RECENT ARTICLES:
--Unwavering Committment to All the Wrong Things
--Big Problems with Small Talk
--Getting my Bailout Back
--Huh?
--Cashing In

No comments:

Post a Comment