Monday, June 27, 2011

Life After Kids (moms, parenting)


REVIEWED BY: Marguerite Zelle

MY RECOMMENDATION: YES

AMAZON SUBSCRIPTION LINK: N/A

WEB ADDRESS: http://lifeafterkids-echo.blogspot.com/

BLOG DESCRIPTION: My name is Echo and I'm a stay at home mom and a full time student at the local community college. I'm majoring in human and social services, although honestly I'm considering taking some time off to focus on writing. I have a hubby, who both loves me and annoys me, usually in equal amounts! And I have three wonderful children. Jordyn is 7 years, Hunter is 3 years, and Holly is 15 months old. These four are the loves of my life. I'm pretty new to blogging but I'm completely addicted to it. I even dream about blogging! Is that crazy or what?! I'm always learning new ways to improve my blog and I try to post daily, so please come back and visit me often. I love company!

MY REVIEW: This is an excellent blog for young parents or parents to be. The author writes well and enthusiastic and has plenty of stories to share.

Sample post:
Seperation Anxiety As I've mentioned before, the 5 of us live in a 2 bedroom apartment. Crazy huh? Jordyn and Hunter both have their own room. The hubby and I sleep on a futon in the living room, and Holly's crib is in the living room as well. Until last night that is. I was on the computer just playing Farmville, when I got a wild hair up my ass and decided I was tired of Holly being in the living room so I cleaned Hunter's room and moved her butt in with him!

Hunter seemed excited about it and when I asked Holly if she liked having her bed in bubby's room, she hugged me. I'll take that as a yes. Come bedtime, Hunter and Holly both passed out within 10 minutes! I was thrilled beyond words. Until about 20 minutes later when Holly woke up completely inconsolable. I picked her up and she just layed her head on me. She was so pitiful. I brought her into the living room and sat her in the recliner with hubby. I took her shirt off cause she was hot, fixed her a bottle, and set up a fan in their room where she couldn't reach it. She played with Daddy for a few minutes then it was off to bed again. She fussed for about 5 minutes, then was off to dream land again. She did great. Woke me up around 3am for a bottle, then fell right back to sleep. It was great!

Why then did I title this Separation Anxiety? Because I had it! I felt awful when I layed down to go to bed. I hated having her in another room. I was seriously regretting moving her in there. I kept looking at all her toys, which still reside in the living room, and missing her terribly. Even when she wasn't waking me up during the night, I was still waking up to go check on her. I know, I'm pitiful right? But she's my last baby and I missed her. But she did sleep so much better and I have to admit, when I wasn't up checking on her, I did sleep better too. Hopefully tonight I won't be such a cry baby about it.
RECENT POSTS:
--Little Sparrow Logos and More Product Reveiw
--Random Thoughts
--Seriously Thursday?!
--Words of Wisdom.
--Seperation Anxiety


_______________
Reviews published every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
___________________________
Check out my kindle BOOKS!:
Whose Body, by Dorothy Sayers (the Annotated Edition)
The Coldest Equations (science fiction)
Volcano Seven: Treasure and Treasure Hunters
The Lady and the Tiger...Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment